Thanks to Giving Tuesday, countless projects become reality. In our case we want to add funds for the purchase of a new adapted bicycle that allows more children, young people and adults, including elderly people with functional disabilities to enjoy sports leisure and thus improve their quality of life.
The use of these bicycles has many advantages for people with disabilities and their families and / or companions:
– It is a therapeutic activity with a stimulating and relaxing effect.
– Allows the experimentation of the sensation of speed.
– Offers benefits in the cognitive and motor area of people with disabilities.
– Links are created between people with different disabilities.
– The integration into society through adapted sports is favored.
– Sustainable mobility is promoted.
– Offers a rest to the families of people with disabilities through the organization of outings and bike rides with volunteers of the Foundation.
– Encourages networking with other entities linked to disability.
We estimate that with a new bicycle (which has a total cost of about € 7,000) we could get to improve the quality of life of some 150 people directly and that we would have 300 indirect beneficiaries in a year. And to achieve this we need people like you to support us and share it with your contacts.
Can you help us get more smiles on wheels?
In addition to your donation, you can also collaborate by telling your experience with solidarity (how you have collaborated, how you have felt, why you think giving is important, what your reasons and motivations have been …). With your story you can earn up to € 3,000 to donate to your favorite organization. You only have to write a text of between 150 and 500 words, add an image, and cross your fingers to make your story a winner and the hope of many children and young people of FLK come true.